How to get started with DoTreat!
This guide will help you to get started with DoTreat. This introduction will cover how to set up your venue and how to book appointments. If you have any questions or need assistance, always feel free to reach out to us!
Creating your venue
To create your venue, the first step is to sign up for a free account and sign in. If you're using Facebook or Google to sign in, this will be a one-step process. If you're using email and password, just select your password, confirm your email address by clicking the link in the email sent to you and sign in. Once you are signed in, it's time to create your first venue. Go to Account -> Venues to create it. Once created, click the name of the venue to open the venue app.
The first thing you'll see when you open the venue app is an empty calendar:
The most important parts to get familiar with has been marked out in the image above:
- The staff shift area. Staff shifts will be displayed here, and if you tap this area, you will be taken to the staff shift page for that day.
- This takes you to the setup menu, where setup and configuration of your venue is done.
- The refresh button. Should you experience any problems, always try this button first.
We'll cover more about how the calendar is used later on.
Adding a service type
The very first step should be to add a service type. Go into the setup menu by tapping the Setup button. Continue into Services -> Service types. Add a new type by clicking the button New service type. The screen will look like this:
In this example, we will add a 60-minute oil massage. To do that, we enter the following values:
- Category: We haven't added any categories yet, so we leave this at None. See the services page for a description about categories.
- Name: This is the name that will be shown to you and your staff members in the venue app. A short name is recommended to keep the calendar easy to read. Here we simply write Oil Massage.
- Self booking name: The name that your clients will see when they make appointments through the self-booking homepage. Typically, you want to choose a more descriptive name here. Here we write Full Body Oil Massage
- Description: The description is also for the self-booking homepage. Here, you can enter a more detailed description for your clients.
- Nbr of staff members: Since this is a service performed by one staff member only, we leave the value at 1.
- Nbr of clients: Since this is a service for one client only, we leave the value at 1.
- Service durations: In this example, we wanted the duration to be 60 minutes, so we need to change the default duration of 30. Click on the duration that says 30, which will take you to the service duration menu. Here you can change the duration value from 30 to 60 minutes. You can also assign a price if you'd like. When you are done, go back using the button in the top left corner.
- Resource requirement: We won't be using this for this service type, so we'll leave this as it is. For information regarding resource requirements, check out the resources page.
You should now have a service type that looks like this:
Adding a staff member
The next step is to add a staff member that can perform the service type that we just added. Move back out of the service type page to the setup page and step into Setup -> Staff. Click New staff member.
- Name: The staff member name. It will be shown both in the calendar and in the self-booking homepage, where the client may request a specific staff member. We recommend using a shorted name or a nickname, rather than the full name.
- Photo: Here you can upload a photo so that your clients can see who is who, when making an appointment on the self-booking homepage.
- Calendar color: Chose the color that will be used for the staff member in the calendar.
- Services: Select all the service types that the staff member can perform, so here we select the one that we just created.
- Notes: Here you can optionally write notes about the staff member. They will not be shown anywhere else than here.
- Automatic staff shifts: We'll be using manually created staff shifts in this example, so we leave these disabled for now.
The setup for your staff member should look something like this:
Adding a staff shift
The last step in preparation before we can make our first appointment is to add a staff shift. This is a very simple procedure. Move back to the calendar page by tapping the back-button from the staff page. Once the calendar is shown, tap the Staff shift area for a certain day, and the staff shift page for that day will be displayed. Enable the staff shift for the staff member you created by tapping on the name of the staff member.
Tap Close and you will be taken back to the calendar page. The staff member and the start- and end time of the shift should now be displayed in the staff shift area:
Booking an appointment
Now we are ready to book our first appointment. Just tap somewhere in the calendar on the day where the staff shift was added. The appointment window will then show up:
The different parts of the appointment window:
- The service type.
- The selected staff member. If the service type requires two staff members, you will have two staff members to select here.
Important: If the client has made the appointment through the self-booking homepage and has requested a specific staff member to perform the service, the name of the staff member will be surrounded by two dots, e.g. • Dana •.
- The date of the appointment.
- The time of the appointment.
- The duration of the appointment. If you have multiple durations configured for the service type (e.g. 60 and 90 minutes), you select the duration here.
- The client information. If you are making the first appointment with a certain client, just fill in the values. If you have made previous appointments with this client, the system will search automatically as you type and let you select that client so that you don't have to input all the information again.
Just tap Book, and that's it! You have just booked your first appointment!